Everything you need to know about free spins
Free spins sound like you’re about to have the time of your life and this might just be true. Although this will mostly depend on luck, free spins are amongst the most popular casino offers out there. With free spins available at most casinos, the biggest challenge is to claim the right bonus out there which depends on a lot of factors. Thanks to this guide about free spins you’ll discover everything about the latest free spins offers and what makes them a good option for you or not.
All of these free spins NZ bonuses are available for players in New Zealand. Although players from other nations are welcome to check out our guides, CherryRed Casino is focused on iGaming in New Zealand. This is why our list of recommended casinos, bonuses, pokie reviews and how to guides are written by and for Kiwis. We’re more than happy to tell you more about the different free spins bonuses and where you can find them.
Best Free Spins Casinos NZ
The best free spins casinos in New Zealand are readily available for Kiwis and our casino bonus professionals have made sure to find and bundle the best free spins bonuses. We’ve made sure to go through all of our performance metrics before we went ahead and added the bonuses below to our top list. Here are some of the best free spins casinos in NZ. We recommend checking out the list below every now and then as we always update it with the very best bonuses out there. The below list is specifically for free bonus deals:
Best Free Spins NZ 2024
Royal Vegas Casino
Up to $1,200 Bonus
9 / 10⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Up to $1,600 welcome bonus
7 / 10⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Up to $1,000 Bonus
9 / 10⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
All Slots Casino
Up to $1,500 Bonus
5 / 10⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
What Kind Of Free Spins Bonuses Are There?
Online casinos have all sorts of free spins bonuses which is why the different free spins offers vary and come with their own characteristics and bonus terms. Every one of them has terms and conditions, with some type of free spins being more favourable than others. Below, we’ll cover some of the different types of free spins bonuses:
- Welcome Package: These free spins are only meant for new customers. Free spins that are awarded as a welcome bonus can either require a deposit or not and be part of a bigger package or come as a stand alone bonus. Consider the free spins as a way to say hi to the new customer. We prefer online casinos that offer free spins to their existing customers as well.
- Deposit Free Spins: Most free spins bonuses require a deposit before they become available which is why they are called deposit free spins. When a deposit is required we will always mention the minimum deposit. The amount of free spins can possibly increase depending on the amount of the deposit.
- No Deposit Free Spins: These are free spins that don’t ask for a deposit. Terms and conditions tend to be on the strict side, but who really cares if the free spins are for free in the first place. Make sure to go through our separate guide for free spins with no deposit.
- Loyalty Programme: More and more gambling sites work with loyalty programmes and free spins are often chosen as a way to reward players. Most programmes base the frequency, value per spin and overall amount of the bonus on the status or level.
- Tournament Spins: These are the free spins that are awarded for certain games, allowing players to compete against each other. As tournaments work with leaderboards, prizes are awarded according to these rankings. The free spins are typically awarded for one game or a selection of online pokies.
$200 & 50 Freespins
8 / 10⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Buster Banks Casino
8 / 10⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
$400 and 120 free spins
8 / 10⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
How We Select Our Free Spins Offers
There are few online casino bonuses in New Zealand that are both more awarded and popular than free spins. What makes a free spins bonus a good one depends on several factors which is where CherryRed Casino comes into the picture. We make sure to review free spins offers before they are added to our platform. In order to do so, free spins deals need to meet a series of performance metrics. Below, we’ve included some of these performance metrics which are all based on our target country of New Zealand. Here’s a grasp:
- New Zealand Availability Check: The most important criteria of them all is to confirm whether the promo is available in New Zealand. Nine out of ten other online casino news platforms target international visitors and don’t specialise in the country of New Zealand. We do, and the reason for this is pretty simple. We’re Kiwis and we’re here for Kiwis.
- Bonus Terms and Conditions: Bonus terms are meant to protect an online casino against fraud and bonus abuse. We can’t really blame the pokie site for doing so, but terms and conditions can severely affect one’s probability of turning a free spins into a winning one. A proper free spins bonus applies to feasible terms and conditions. As not everyone knows how to recognise fair terms, we make sure to do the check for you.
- Brand Reputation: Other than the bonus itself we make sure to do a full background check of the company offering the bonus. This check includes information about the casino brand and the iGaming operator as this makes a difference, especially for new pokie sites. Knowing more about the company behind the bonus will provide valuable information whether signing up to the casino site is worthwhile or not. In the end, it’s all about the long term casino experience and not only about claiming a free spins offer.
There are many reasons why one would want to play at a low deposit casino but there are definitely a few drawbacks of minimum deposit casinos we need to address. At the same time, the pros clearly outweigh the cons and we believe the overview you will find below illustrates our point here. Online gaming doesn’t always have to be expensive and it can be quite lucrative if luck is on your side. Luckily, there are many ways to lower your financial risk and in addition to learning the game rules, sticking to proven strategies, and following proper bankroll management techniques, signing up at a low deposit casino is yet another way to get the most out of every bet. Let’s go through the main pros and cons.
- Transaction fees can exceed minimum deposit: although not always the case, this can happen for deposits from 5 dollars and lower.
- Stronger bonus terms: the lower the deposit, the stricter the bonus terms and conditions. This particularly applies to the wagering requirements.
How to Claim Your Free Spins
There aren’t a lot of online casinos in New Zealand that don’t provide players with opportunities to enjoy free spins. The chances to acquire your batch of free spins are abundant so we don’t expect any problems in finding websites to claim your free spins. In this comprehensive guide, we give you all the necessary information to get started with free spins. Delving deeper into the process of claiming these spins, the following steps will most likely need to be followed to claim your free spins.
- Find A Casino That Fits You: This means more than just a free spins NZ casino. Although we can’t be completely sure about which casino fits you, based on your criteria, we do know that the pokie site needs to be interesting enough even after having played through your free spins. Make sure to check the casino’s overall offer. Stick to the casino when you like what you see, look for another casino if you don’t. There are heaps of offers out there, so you’ll quickly find a gambling site that ticks all the boxes.
- Create Your Account: Signing up is probably the easiest step and the good thing is that it works mostly the same across all pokie sites. Look out for the “Sign Up” or “Join Now” button and you’ll see that you’ll be able to set up your account on any device. Once you have your account ready make sure to set your limits as this will protect you from making excessive wagers. We sure like bonuses, be we like responsible play even more.
- Read The Bonus Terms: Every bonus comes with its own terms and conditions and this is true for the free spins bonuses as well. The T&C’s are typically listed on the promo page or in the bonus itself and should be fairly easy to find. In case they are tucked away, you might wonder whether this casino is actually worth signing up to or not. We stick to casino sites that work with fair bonus terms and conditions.
- Practise In The Demo Mode: Free spins will lower your financial risk, but there’s another way that will prepare you in the best possible way for your real money spin: the demo mode. Making use of the free demo mode will give you an opportunity to get familiar with the look and feel and the game rules of an online casino game. Trying out the game in the free mode will make sure that you don’t spend any of the free spins on trying to figure out the rules of the game. Speaking of which, every game comes with an info-button and game information which can be accessed through the game play tab.
- Make Your First Real Money Spin: When you understand the different rules of the game it’s time to move on to make real money spins. The good news is that real money spins can also lead to real money wins which is why this is the last and most rewarding step. You will make your spin based on your personal preferences but also based on the minimum and maximum betting size. Stick to this during every spin and you might just be on your way to make your first real money win.
How to Win Money With Free Spins
Online casinos award all sorts of free spins bonuses as an incentive to attract new players or make sure that loyal customers come back. We’re always delighted to find a new free spins bonus, but we are aware that a casino hates to lose. This is why the casino comes with a set of rules that limit the player’s flexibility. Winning money with free spins is definitely possible, but only if you follow the rules. This is why we’d like to help you with a few crucial steps you will need to follow if you want to win money with free spins.
Meet The Wagering Requirements: One of the most critical aspects turning free spins into winning spins is understanding and meeting the wagering requirements. Wagering requirements are the number of times you must play through your winnings before you can withdraw them. Only after meeting these playthrough requirements will you be able to withdraw your wins.
Do Not Exceed The Max Bet: Virtually all free spins bonuses work with a maximum bet per spin. This term shouldn’t be very difficult to find as it’s always listed in the bonus terms and conditions and the maximum bet is a condition that needs to be met, this is true for every spin. Spins that don’t stick to this maximum stake can make your bonus invalid, so be sure that you don’t exceed the max bet.
Stop As Soon As You Can: We understand how good it feels when you’re in the winning mood and we’ve been there ourselves as well. Still, we do want to point out the importance of knowing when to stop. Even when everything works in your favour, be sure to stop as soon as you’re able to cash out. Yes, continuing can actually give you even more wins, but you never know whether luck will be on your side. What you do know is that you’ve made yourself a win now.
Take The Max Win Into Account: Speaking of which, most casinos protect themselves from excessive losses which is why they work with a max win. Even if you’ve made yourself a massive win, you will probably not be able to cash out everything. This is why you, once again, will need to stop as soon as you can.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Free Spins Casinos Available For New Zealanders?
Yes, free spins casinos are available for New Zealanders. All pokie sites are offered offshore, but most sites welcome New Zealanders of 18+ on their platforms.
Do Free Spins Pay Out Real Money?
Yes, free spins pay out real money. After completing the wagering requirements you will be able to request your withdrawal. Free spins are one of the most popular bonuses as they can actually lead to real money prizes.
How Can I Make Money With Free Spins?
You can make money with free spins by claiming a free spins bonus that comes with feasible terms and conditions. Payouts can be made after meeting the wagering requirements. The lower these requirements, the better the bonus.
Are Free Spins Bonuses Only For Pokies?
Yes, free spins bonuses are normally only meant for pokies. There might be some valid and excluded games, so be sure to check out this list before you make your first spin.