Get ready for some action in the brand new Superstars pokie by NetEnt. With 5 reels and 45 betways, you will see different highly famous characters from popular NetEnt pokies come together to give players a truly unforgettable experience. You will need to realise that it’s all about the Bonus Game feature where both cash prizes and Dice land on the reels. The dice you move around the board game give you the option to trigger different character features and Wheel features which are fun and rewarding. And if you make it to the Final Game, huge bet multipliers are up for grabs. With a 96,1% RTP rate and a top win of 4,596x bet, it’s time to find out more in our in-depth Superstars review.
- ✅ 4596x Max Win
- ✅ Unique Game Theme
- ✅ Graphically Strong
- ✅ Buy Feature
- ✅ Highly Entertaining Features
- ✅ Average Base RTP
- ❌ Ranging RTP
What happens when the characters and items of the most popular NetEnt online pokies meet in one place? That’s probably what the designers of the Superstars pokie had in mind before they announced this online casino game. The grid is a little less glamorous but follows the current trend which means 5 reels and 45 fixed betways. The great thing about the game is that you can enjoy the graphics of your favourite NetEnt pokies in one place. In addition to the famous superhero icons, you will find a purple chequered matrix and rainbows as well as sparkles in the background giving it something catchy, just like the tune. There aren’t a lot of games that have the same vibe as this superstar pumped pokie.
Nice to know
|Launched||27 October 2022|
|RTP||96.08%, 94.06%, 92.01%|
|Features||Bonus Wheel, Buy Feature, Expanding Symbols, Free Spins, Hold and Spin, Multiplier, Random Multiplier, Respin Wild, Respins, Scatter Symbols, Symbol Swap, Wild|
|Min. bet/line||$ 0.10|
This Superstars game is all about the heroes from previously released NetEnt pokies. In this case it means that Lady Pig, Finn, Brut, and of course Gonzo from Gonzo’s Quest have teamed up and bundled forces. Then, there is also the star symbol that we all know from the iconic Starburst pokie. Together, these 5 popular characters are part of the Superstars game which is a smart move as NetEnt now attracts fans of 5 different pokies which reminds of some of the Marvel movies. Since the 5 pokies were all a success, it is to be expected that Superstars will quickly turn out to be a massive success as well. As all 5 characters award prizes, they can all turn out to be useful for those looking to make a nice win.
How to Play
Superstars feature a grid that consists of 5 reels and 5 rows and works with 45 betways. The online pokie by NetEnt offers many game features which at first glance may seem too complicated — especially for newer players. Without preparation, the gameplay may seem a bit confusing which is why we’re more than happy to help you understand the game. Here’s how it works:
- The first thing you need to do is launch Superstars and wait for the pokie to load. Click on the button that says “Continue”.
- Set your bet by pressing the coins icon. In Superstars, the stakes range from $ 0,10 to $100.
- Open the menu of Superstars by clicking the info button found next to the bet amount. Here is where you can make sure that you familiarise yourself with the features, the paytable, and the winning bet lines.
- To find even more details, you can always press the list icon on the left. Here, you will also find the settings menu.
Brought to you with a party game theme, the Superstars pokie sees some of NetEnt’s most iconic characters unite for a grandiose party. With a colourful rainbow forming the backdrop, it has a 70s disco disco soundtrack. Graphically, it’s actually quite simple.
The visuals are HD and celebrate characters from different popular NetEnt pokies as well as the gem-studded Starburst Wild. On the reels, you will see the symbols A, K, Q, J and 10 royals. The higher value symbols are formed by characters from the other popular NetEnt casino games.
This means you’ll have Lady Pig from Piggy Riches, Brute from Space Wars, Finn from Finn and the Swirly Spin, Gonzo from Gonzo’s Quest (and Gonzo’s Quest Megaways) and the Starburst Wild from Starburst. The highest value symbol is the Starburst Wild which is not an actual wild symbol. Anyhow, 3, 4 or 5 across a payline will give you 1, 2 or 5x the total bet. Then, there is also a wild symbol which appears anywhere on the reels in the base game substituting for all pay symbols in the game except the Diamond Scatter and Dice.
|Symbol||Payout for 3||Payout for 4||Payout for 5|
|Wild||Substitutes for all symbols mentioned above|
|Diamond Scatter||3+ activates bonus game feature|
|Dice||Only lands during bonus game feature|
In terms of content, Superstars actually has little to do with the pokies in which the 5 nominated characters play a leading role. Instead, it’s all about a respins feature, where each of the 5 characters can make their mark. In addition, there is the wheel game and the final game.
The Superstars respins feature is triggered when you collect 3 diamond symbols in the base game. You will then receive 3 respins and the diamond symbols will then be turned into multiple players, but remain present on the playing field. New multiplier symbols that land on the screen also remain fixed in their position. In addition, each new multiple symbol will reset the number of respins to 3.
The dice symbol lands both during the base game and the respins feature. If you spin a double stone symbol in the triggering spin on reel 5, you will see a special board appear around the normal playing field. If a double stone symbol lands during the respins, this double stone will be cleared. Do note that this is only the case if you have a double stone symbol on reel 5 whilst activating the respins feature.
The number of pips that result from a roll is the number of steps that a special token may count on the board. Dice symbols can land in Superstars during the respins feature, but can also be won via other features. Such a special feature can be won as the token on the board on the entire land. In Superstars it’s all about the following features:
- Finn Feature: adds +5 to all multipliers on the playing field. These multipliers are then merged into 1 multiplier, creating more space on the playing field for new symbols.
- Gonzo Feature: multiplies up to 24x multipliers on the playing field by x2, x3 or x5.
- Miss Banks: places a maximum of 15 multiplier symbols on the playing field. If a prize manages to fall on top of another, values are combined.
- Space Wars: 3 of the highest multipliers on the playing field are cloned, awarding 3 extra respins. During these 3 extra respins, only cloned prizes can land on the playing field.
- Starburst: places a vertical stack of 3 equal parts on the playing field. The multipliers have a minimum value of x2 and a maximum value of x5.
- Extra Spin: changed the “normal” respin number from 3 to 4. If the number of respins is reset in the future, you do not start again with 3 but with 4 respins.
- Extra Life: allows you to be rescued once when you run out of respins. Your extra life will then be wagered, whilst you start again at the starting number of 3 (of 4) respins.
The Superstars board also features a space with a wheel appearing on the screen and spins once when you land on the past plane. This results in 1 of the following prizes:
- An extra dice.
- Two extra dice.
- All multipliers on the playing field are increased by +1.
- Upgrade: increase the value of all blank spaces on the board by a value equal to the player’s bet. If the token lands on 1 of those squares, then all multipliers on the playing field are increased.
- Random: one of the most common special features is triggered (either Finn, Gonzo, Miss Banks, Space Wars, or Starburst).
- Replay: the next time a special feature is triggered, it will happen twice in a row.
If a multiplier can be seen in all positions on the playing field, then the last game gets triggered. The squares on the game board are then given values of 25x to 1000x except the top right and bottom left corners which award dice if landed on. The final game of Superstars is played with the number of duplicates in play at the time of triggering the features. Also, the remaining lives and maximum respins are transferred to this final game. If you have an unused Replay, the first Dice roll number will be doubled.
Players ready to dive straight into the action of the bonus round can make use of the bonus buy option at the cost of 150x the total bet.
If luck blesses you with good fortune you can win up to a max of 4,586x your bet. This isn’t spectacular anymore for a casino game these days, but what we do find very pleasing is that the Superstars pokie gives you a bunch of interesting features that won’t only make the gameplay a lot more fun, but will also help you increase your chances of winning. In this game, you’ll have a bonus buy feature, free spins, a Wheel Game with prizes, special symbols, multipliers to help you win the prizes. In terms of the return to player, the top-tier Superstars RTP of 96.08 % slightly above average. However, this release comes with adjustable RTP ranges. Other RTP’s are 94.06% and 92.01%.
We very much enjoyed the meeting between the all-star iconic NetEnt characters and there is plenty of entertainment waiting for you in this release. They carry with them enough star power to keep the base game somewhat interesting, which is good since there aren’t a lot of features to keep you entertained until the bonus round gets triggered. This is one of those casino games that you have to try for yourself to make a judgement, and of course make sure that you play the demo version first. The bonus round of Superstars in the game is filled with heaps of elements, modifiers, and other extra features that might seem confusing at first sight. All of the features and characters come together nicely once you start playing the Superstars pokie, and the 4,596x potential is decent without really being the main attraction in this star-covered game release by NetEnt.