Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways
We know that heaps of Kiwis enjoy fishing just as much as we do, but those into gaming may be a bit tired of all those fishing themed games. To this group of players, we’re sorry, but this pokie review is about a game in this category. Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways by Blueprint Gaming is a Megaways game in this niche which requires players to pay some extra attention to the Megawas grid whilst they make a splash into the water. In addition to a fun game theme the stats are pretty amazing as well with the 6 reels and 5 rows offering up to 15,625 ways to win, an RTP level of 96%, and a maximum win of 50,000x bet. Learn what other prizes are waiting for you in the ocean in our in-depth Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways review.
Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways Review
The Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways pokie is a new game produced by Blueprint Gaming that will appeal to many players around the world. The fisherman in this game serves as the game’s wild to help you make the big wins. The graphics and audio effects are in line with other games you might be used to. The overall look and feel is nothing more than a copy-paste, whilst the same is true for the bonus feature and even the spin button. What is different to some of the other titles in this niche is the Megaways metre which can be found on the right side of the grid. Blueprint Gaming implemented the Megaways mechanics to the Big Catch Bass Fishing game which was originally released in June 2023. Don’t expect too much stuff other than the different mechanisms as found in this game. If you want to fully prepare yourself for this game, then be sure to try this demo.
Nice to know
|Launched||17 October 2023|
|Features||Additional Free Spins, Big Bass Bonanza, Fishin Frenzy Mechanics, Bonus Game, Bonus symbols, Bonus Buy Feature, Cash Collector, Fixed Jackpots, Free Spins, Free Spins Multiplier, Megaways, Multiway (+1024), Respins, Scatter symbols, Wild|
|Min. bet/line||$ 0.25|
- ✅ Medium-High Volatility
- ✅ Megaways Game
- ✅ 96% RTP
- ✅ Only One RTP
- ✅ Bonus Buy Feature
- ❌ Max Win Capped At 5000x
- ❌ One Bonus Feature
Review Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways
It looks like the flux of fishing game themed pokies is not about to stop anytime soon which is why one of today’s most popular game producers, Blueprint Gaming, went ahead and came up with a new game that fits this category. Instead of adding something very innovative to the base game, Blueprint Gaming decided to keep it as simple as possible, trying to get the most of a recipe that has shown to be successful, and combining this to Megaways. This also means that if you liked the original Big Catch Bass Fishing game, then you’ll consider this spin-off a bigger catch. This Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways game is now available in online casinos in New Zealand. With our review we hope to prepare you in the best possible way for your next real money spin on this pokie.
How to Play
This new online pokie by Blueprint Gaming is played on a grid with 6×5 reels which offers a maximum of 15,625 Megaways paylines. There are 9 winning symbols found in the game, giving the player winning combinations when 3 or more appear on a winning line as seen from reel one. The exception to this is the top-value boat, which gives you winning combinations when two of them land. This is how to play Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways:
- As always, it all starts with setting a wager. This can be done by clicking the chip piles which can be found in the bottom left-hand corner. The minimum wager is set at $ 0,10 going up to a max bet of $ 25.
- The settings for your spins can be set in the far right corner.
- Click the menu icon on the bottom left. You will see a new screen opening. This shows the paytable of the winning symbols.
- Scroll down on the screen to see how the different bonus features operate.
- You will also see how the paylines operate in the game whilst it shows a brief recap of the different rules in the game.
- Click the info-icon to open a detailed overview of the different rules and controls.
- Returning to the main screen will see the spin button to start spinning.
- Make sure to stop when you reach your limits. We advise you to set these right in your account or check the responsible gaming page to read more about this.
Although they might not be very original with this new release, Blueprint Gaming was actually one of the first game studios to make use of this game theme, when Fishin’ Frenzy was launched in 2014. The Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways pokie will remind players of other games released by Blueprint Gaming or other game studios in this category. This means that the reels float underwater, and there are reeds and mountains to keep you entertained too. The low value symbols are recognised by the standard 10 to A symbols, whilst fish, tackle boxes, dragonflies and rods make up the high value symbols of the paytable. The best paying symbol that you’ll come across in the game is the boat, rewarding you with 200x the bet for combos of 6-of-a-kind. The Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways pokie also offers other symbols such as wilds (available in the free spins bonus round). Make sure to look out for the scatters as well. Here’s all you need to know about the different symbols in this new and free online pokie by Blueprint Gaming:
|Symbol||Payout for 3||Payout for 4||Payout for 5||Payout for 6|
|10||0.2||0.5||1||2x the bet|
|J||0.2||0.5||1||2x the bet|
|Q||0.2||0.5||1||2x the bet|
|K||0.5||1||2||5x the bet|
|A||1||2||5||10x the bet|
|Fish||1.5||4||8||25x the bet|
|Tackle Box||2||5||10||50x the bet|
|Dragonfly||2.5||8||15||100x the bet|
|Fishing Rod||2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 = 0.5, 5, 10, 20, or 200x the bet|
|Boat||3+ activates the free spins feature|
|Scatter||Activates Mystery Symbols feature|
|Wild||Only available during Free Spins, Substitutes for regular symbols|
The Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways pokie comes with one bonus feature and a bonus buy feature for players in countries such as New Zealand. The free spins bonus feature is rather extensive which you’ll find out below:
Free Spins Feature
Landing 3, 4, 5 or 6 scatter symbols will activate the Free Spins bonus feature. This offers either 10, 15, 20 or 50 free spins. Before the spins are over, you’ll be taken to a new screen where you must select fish to win upgrades. In this case, you can win up to 5 upgrades in total, but it’s essential to point out here as well that the round can start with no upgrades at all. Here is what the free spins feature does:
- Tackle Box Tag: Triggers a Cash tag on the tackle box symbol.
- Cash tags are worth between 1 and 10x the stake.
- Dragonfly Tag: Triggers a Cash tag on the dragonfly symbol.
- Cash tags are worth between 1 and 10x the stake.
- Rod Tag: Triggers a Cash tag on the fishing rod symbol.
- Cash tags are worth between 1 and 10x stake.
- Boat Tag: Triggers a Cash tag on the boat symbol.
- Cash tags are worth between 1 and 10x stake.
- +Collect: Cash values will be collected multiple times.
- Re-Spin: All non-Cash and Fisherman symbols will spin again. The reels will continue to spin until the win is not improved. Plays out after free spins are used up.
- +Games: Awards up to +5 extra Free Spins.
- Next Level: Start the Free Spins bonus round from the retrigger position.
- Pick a Fish: Extra Pick a Fish positions will be added to the bonus trail.
- Minimum Megaways: Provides Megaways of either 5,000 or 15,625.
- Once you’ve selected your upgrades from the Pick A Fish screen, the Bonus round begins. During the round, the Fisherman wild will be activated. This both substitutes for other symbols to create a win, and collects all Cash tag values that are also in view.
In addition, every time a Fisherman lands, he will complete a step in the bonus trail above the reels. The bonus trail comes with a total of 12 segments, and you can receive an award every 4 segments:
- Collecting 4 Fisherman symbols gives you 10 extra spins + a 2x multiplier on any CASH symbols the Fisherman collects.
- Collecting 8 Fisherman symbols gives you 10 extra spins + a 3x multiplier on any CASH symbols the Fisherman collects.
- Collecting 12 Fisherman symbols gives you 10 extra spins + a 10x multiplier on any CASH symbols the Fisherman collects.
Bonus Buy Feature
Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways includes a Bonus Buy feature, readily available at New Zealand online casinos. This costs 100x the current stake and awards immediate entry to the Free Spins feature, when you land 3 scatters or more.
The RTP for Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways is set at 96% going up from 95% and 93%. The variance range remains somewhere in the medium to high range which we find rather favourable for players. Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways boasts top wins of 5,000x the stake. This top win can be achieved by collecting multipliers in the free spins bonus feature. This is quite reasonable for a Megaways game and should be taken into account. Also, the hit frequency rate is lower than expected. The hit frequency is set at 1 in 5 on average whilst the free spins frequency is labelled as 1 in 140, on average.
All together, Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways is quite okay, we have to say. It might not be the most original online pokie you’ll come across, but hey, it is a lot of fun and it’s a megaways pokie in the end. The gameplay looks great whilst the number of features isn’t impressive, but it is still a lot of fun. The Megaways mechanism makes sure that players will have a lot of ways to win whilst the max potential win has gone up from 4000x to 5000x the bet. Apart from that, this game is very much like the original title. We might be strongly biassed as we’ve reviewed some many of the fishing pokie games, but out of all the options available, this game is definitely a strong performer. With more than 80 free spins available and heaps of multipliers you will be able to get to significant wins quite easily. If you don’t mind another fishing game, you will probably have a good one on this pokie. Just make sure you make it to the free spins round as this is the only feature in the game waiting for you. As always, go ahead and get the most out of the free Big Catch Bass Fishing Megaways demo version readily available at CherryRed for New Zealanders.