New SuperStars Trailer Released By NetEnt
NetEnt has announced a brand new so-called “blockbuster” pokie that will feature a selection of their own celebrity superstars. The launched video trailer gives game enthusiasts a sneak peek of the SuperStars pokie release that is planned for October. The exact date has not yet been announced, but it is expected that SuperStars will be available from the end of October.
“A New Era of Blockbuster Slots is Upon Us!”. This one liner is part of the video posted a few days ago by NetEnt, followed by the promising description: “Big gigs, bigger slot celebrities, and the biggest feature-packed surprises in NetEnt’s SuperStars.”
In the Youtube Video NetEnt reveals that Gonzo, Finn, Lady Pigg, Brute and the Starburst wild are the superstars the provider is referring to in their SuperStars title. These are some of the most popular NetEnt characters of the last decade.
NetEnt’s Main Characters
Since the acquisition by Evolution, NetEnt has drastically slowed down their pokie releases whilst their live casino games, once part of NetEnt Live, were completely withdrawn from the market. In recent months the game developer has slightly increased the number of new game releases although it is not expected that it will get back to the same level of pre-2020. For their upcoming SuperStars release, NetEnt falls back on some of their favourite characters: Gonzo, Finn, Lady Pigg, Brute and the Starburst wild.
- Gonzo has been part of the NetEnt family for nearly 10 years. This funny looking colonist is one of the best known characters in the iGaming industry thanks to his role in the iconic game Gonzo’s Quest that was released in 2013. The adventurer looking for luck in the New World has also made some appearances in spin-offs that were released by Evolution’s partner studio’s Red Tiger Gaming and Evolution Gaming in Gonzo’s Quest Megaways (2020) and Gonzo’s Treasure Hunt (2021).
- One of the most remarkable characters that will be part of SuperStars pokie is the Irish mischievous leprechaun Finn, who first appeared in the popular online pokie Finn and the Swirly Spin (2011). A few years later, the sequel of this game came out, with Finn’s Golden Tavern (2019).
- The always elegant Lady Pigg, who lives with her equally wealthy husband in a spacious villa, has been stealing the show for over a decade now in the cartoon-like Piggy Riches (2020) and the Megaways variant Piggy Riches Megaways (2020). In SuperStars, Lady Pigg will be the focus of attention again.
- Bruce may be a little less known amongst players in NZ. This funny science fiction monster stirred things up in Space Wars (2013) and Space Wars 2 Powerpoints (2022) and is waiting to make his comeback in SuperStars. Brute quickly developed a solid reputation as being one of NetEnt’s most preferred Alien characters, but despite his playful charm, he is definitely not to be messed with.
- Then there is the wild symbol that was part of the highly popular Starburst (2013) pokie, and its 2021 sequel Starburst XXXtreme. The character used for the wild symbol will get some more room to shine on his own in this October’s release SuperStars. Known as NetEnt’s most popular pokie game ever, it comes at no surprise that one of the Starburst characters was chosen to make a comeback.
Release Date To Be Announced
The release date of SuperStars is expected for the 27th of October 2022, although this date has not yet been confirmed by NetEnt. Once released, players in New Zealand are expected to be able to play the game in online casinos that have teamed up with NetEnt and offer their games in the game portfolio. A lot of online casinos that are recommended by CherryRedCasino for Kiwis make use of the pokies and other casino games by NetEnt.
A new era of blockbuster slot games is upon us! 💫
Big performances, bigger celebrities, and the biggest feature surprises in NetEnt’s #Superstars™! Coming soon to a casino near you!
⭐️👉https://t.co/qVaBIB07rR#Superstars™ #NetEntSlot #UlitmateAList
🔞 https://t.co/dxbHXDTj8H pic.twitter.com/ohbRhp9EmD
— NetEnt (@NetEntOfficial) September 8, 2022
NetEnt, like many other online software providers, is a Swedish game studio that managed to conquer the market in all continents. For years, NetEnt was considered as part of the crème de la crème in the online casino market, thanks to highly innovative and creative productions such as Jack Hammer, Blood Suckers, Divine Fortune, Starburst and Twin Spin. In recent years NetEnt has lost its reputation as the market leading provider after several years of low quality releases and the subsequent take over by Evolution. Today, NetEnt falls under the wing of Evolution Gaming and doesn’t appear to have a very strong ambition to regain their number 1 status. Still, NetEnt enjoys a solid reputation and most online casinos around the world will always have some extra room for a new NetEnt release. Below, we have made an overview of some of our favourite casinos that work with the software of NetEnt and are available in NZ. You can create an account here for free.
Online casino reviews? Check out the latest NZ casinos.