A seasoned veteran with years of igaming experience. A local to New Zealand land based casinos, Frank will teach you the ins and outs of all things online casino, diving deep into the subjects of casino bonus, freepins, online pokies and $1 NZ deposit bonus.
Get ready for the show with the Outlaw Megaways pokie by game developer Big Time Gaming. Presented to you on a 6-7 grid and up to 117,649 paylines, this Western game is the final part in The Cult trilogy. In addition to reactions and Full Wild Reels, there are even two free spins features where you opt for extra sticky wilds or a Ladder Wild with a multiplier up to 77x. There are also Enhanced versions which come with a Ladder Wild up to 777x, giving New Zealanders even more reason to check out the game available at a number of our selected NZ online casinos. With an RTP of 96,16% and 64,400x bet max payouts, it’s time to prepare yourself for some major wins in our Outlaw Megaways review.
- ✅ Megaways Game
- ✅ Two Different Free Spins Features
- ✅ 3rd Part in Popular The Cult Trilogy
- ✅ Megaways game: 117,649 paylines
- ✅ Average RTP of 96,1%
- ✅ No Ranging RTP
- ✅ Max Win of 64,400x the Bet
- ❌ High Volatility
- ❌ Lower RTP Than Previous Instalments
- ❌ Lower Max Win Than Wild Flower
Outlaw is a fairly new online casino pokie from Big Time Gaming where we are introduced to the 3rd and as it seems final instalment in their The Cult trilogy. We have previously been introduced to the popular Lil’ Devil and Wild Flower games whose titles are actually based on songs from the British hard rock band. This time, we’re off to the wild west where a bunch of dangerous outlaws are waiting for your arrival. During this visit you can grab max prizes of up to 64,400x the bet which is spectacular, even for a BTG game. The online pokie comes armed with two explosive bonus games, where triggering the bonus game makes you choose between the two which might not be an easy pick. The first one offers a multiplier ladder and the other free spins come with sticky wilds. If you’re up for the challenge and aren’t afraid to confront outlaws, then it’s time to visit the wild west and find out what else you can expect to see other than the spectacular free spins features.
Nice to know
|Launched||16 December 2022|
|Software||Big Time Gaming|
|Features||Additional Free Spins, Buy Feature, Free Spins, Megaways, Multiplier, Multiway, Random Multiplier, Risk/Gamble Game, Scatter Symbols, Stack, Sticky Wilds, Wild|
|Min. bet/line||$ 0.20|
Aussie based provider Big Time Gaming truly enjoys a worldwide following with their online pokies widely known to give players unlimited potential. Those who navigate through the internet will find heaps of videos with players getting major payouts made at online casinos that offer the online pokies of Big Time Gaming. As we see it now, there is also enough evidence that this online pokie pays out large sums which makes sense if you take a closer look at how the game Outlaw works. The game is sometimes referred to as Outlaw Megaways. Whatever name you prefer yourself, here’s what to get ready for:
- Third part of The Cult-series.
- Fun game theme with great visuals.
- Up to 117,649 paylines.
- Two free spins features in the bonus round.
- Prizes going up as high as 64,400x the bet.
If you add all of this up, you might just think that Outlaw is the wild fantasy of every Kiwi, at least the ones wanting to bet online and don’t mind some risk. We know already that Outlaw is going to be yet another major success by Big Time Gaming offering huge winning potential and heaps of fun.
How to Play
Big Time Gaming’s Outlaw pokie uses a Megaways mechanism with up to 117,649 paylines. The number of paylines available changes according to the grid’s layout. It will always have a standard of 6 reels, but the number of rows changes on every spin and is somewhere between 2 and 7. The Outlaw online pokie isn’t a very difficult casino game to play once you know how it works. Here is how to play this pokie by Big Time Gaming:
- Select one of the recommended online casinos in New Zealand. All of our suggested casinos hold one or multiple licences, mostly issued in Europe.
- The big green button is to start spinning the online casino game. Press on it to start the game.
- Make use of the two pointers to set your bets.
- The brown button will trigger the auto spins: choose for either 5, 10, 25, 50 or 100 auto spins.
- Make sure to set the loss limit once you launch the game.
- Make sure to set the single win limit once you launch the game.
- Click on the menu icon to go to the paytable and the game rules.
With a wild west game theme, the Outlaw Megaways pokie sees you taking part on an unforgettable journey. Inspired by an outlaw trying to lose the sheriff chasing him, the game setting is a canyon. Being the final game in the Cult trilogy, the graphics look quite similar to the ones found in related games like Wild Flower and Lil’ Devil. This means it has a tattoo style. Music wise, the audio supporting the game is from the British rock band, The Cult. For fans of the band, the ‘Outlaw’ song was part of the band’s Electric album released in 1987. Like mentioned, the symbols have a tattoo style and include symbols like A, K, Q, J, 10 and 9 royals. Then there are the cactuses, tequila bottles, red roses and skulls. Out of these high pay symbols, the skull is the most valuable symbol with 6 in combination giving you 50x your total stake. The ram skull is the game’s wild symbol and substitutes for all the symbols mentioned above. The 2 guns symbol is the scatter symbol and you’ll also see expanded Outlaw Wilds and Sheriff Wilds. Here are some more details:
|Symbol||Payout for 3||Payout for 4||Payout for 5||Payout for 6|
|Skull||2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 = 1, 1.5, 2.5, 5 or 10x bet|
|Ram wild||Substitutes for all symbols except the scatter symbol|
|2 Guns Scatter||3+ activates free spins features|
|2 Guns Gold Megascatter||1 + 2 normal scatter symbols activates Enhanced Free Spins features|
In the Outlaw online pokie you will see a mix of familiar features which you’ll recognise from other parts of the series as well as some new elements. Your best bet to make the max wins are with the full reel wilds and the 2 free spins features. We’ll go through these:
Full Reel Wilds
There are not 1, but 2 different full reel wilds to be found in this Outlaw online pokie. Full reel wilds are the wild symbols that cover the entire size of the reel. Outlaw is all about the wild sheriff and the wild outlaw as you’ll find out in this feature. They can appear on the middle 4 reels. Both wilds found in the game basically work as regular wilds, except that a 7x multiplier is applied to all winning combinations that include the wild sheriff.
Outlaw Free Spins
Outlaw has 2 free spins features, each coming with their own characteristics. Having multiple free spins features is one of the reasons why we expect this pokie to become a hit at New Zealand online casinos. Here’s the main difference between the two free spins features in Outlaw Megaways:
- Fallen Angel Free Spins: you’ll receive 7 free spins in this bonus round. At the start of the feature, a random low pay symbol is chosen as a sticky wild. If this chosen symbol lands on reels 2 to 5, it turns into a sticky wild. It then remains fixed in that position for the remaining duration of the feature and fulfils the role of a wild symbol throughout the feature. Moreover, the number of symbols visible on the reel remains the fixed number that lands on the reel each free spin. There are another 3 extra free spins to be earned by filling an entire reel with sticky wilds.
- Dizzy in the Head Free Spins: in this case, you’ll receive 8 free spins at the start of this round. During every spin, a ladder wild is guaranteed to land on the playing field. This ladder wild covers the entire span of the reel and shows multipliers increasing from bottom to top, up to a maximum of x77 the bet. The active multiplier is applied to any winning combination that includes the ladder wild. After that, the ladder goes up a level. During the Dizzy in the Head free spins you can earn extra free spins: by spinning 3, 4 or 5 silver scatters on the playing field, you will receive an extra 4, 6 or 8 extra free spins for your remaining rounds.
Activating both free spins features is actually very simple as there are 2 scatters in Outlaw: a regular silver scatter and a golden mega scatter. Like in other games, you need to spin 3 scatters to activate the free spins feature. You can then choose whether you want to play the Fallen Angels free spins feature or the Dizzy in the Head free spins feature. If 1 of the 3 scatters happens to be the golden megascatter, you will also get the opportunity to play the enhanced version of 1 of the 2 free spins features. This will lead to the following:
- Fallen Angel Free Spins: a second symbol is chosen as a sticky wild. In addition to a low pay symbol, a high pay symbol is also selected as a sticky wild.
- Dizzy in the Head Free spins: the multipliers on the ladder will increase going up to a maximum of x777.
Generating max payouts of 64,400x bet per free spin, Outlaw Megaways impressively beats Lil’ Devil which offers 36,403x the bet. Having said that, Wild Flower comes with 114,000x top payouts which is 1.77x times the amount offered in this latest release. The RTP of the previous Cult pokies is also higher (96.59% in Wild Flower and 96.43% in Lil’ Devil) when we compare it to Outlaw. The Outlaw Megaways pokie therefore looks like a middle ground somewhere between Lil’ Devil and Wild Flower. Whilst it does offer the Megaways mechanism and a large payout potential, the multipliers in the Ladder Wild can go up to 777x with Wild Flower having multipliers up to 800x by comparison. All in all, Outlaw Megaways is another excellent release from Big Time Gaming. It looks good, sounds good, and has heaps of interesting bonus features. Then again, it is still an example of what could have been even better if the stats were just a bit more favourable.
We believe that Big Time Gaming has played it fairly safe in this 3rd and final instalment in their The Cult trilogy, something online casino enthusiasts of the two previous instalments will probably appreciate. You get the Megaways mechanism Big Time Gaming is so famous for, as well as the full reel wild and multiplier wild in the Outlaw base game. The wild symbol counts as a single symbol though, but the multiplier of 7x can still lead to very decent payouts. Your best bet to make the most lucrative wins would clearly be the bonus round though as this is where the action happens.
Both bonus rounds this online pokie by Big Time Gaming comes with are able to give you large payouts if luck is on your side, but just to be clear, this is still a highly volatile instalment, which is something to be prepared for if you’re not familiar with the other two games part of the trilogy. The high variance is not very different from the two other releases that are part of the same series. Furthermore, you can win up to 64,400x your stake, which is much higher than what Lil Devil has to offer, but still a lot lower than the 114,100x you get in Wild Flower. The 96,1% RTP has been reduced a bit in comparison with the two other parts as well, but it’s nothing to complain about as we consider anything above 96% to be fair. Overall, we find Outlaw a very worthy completion of the trilogy.