Yes, it is. Since the cashier channel functions just like cash, it is impossible to hack the 16-digit codes provided for payments, and credit cannot be multiplied online using virtual generators. The casino does not receive sensitive data such as bank or credit/debit card information. If there is a fraud attempt, you can block Paysafecard codes around the clock, making your current credit inaccessible. While the funds can no longer be used for payment, you can request reimbursement.
Top Paysafecard Casinos 2022 – NZ Casinos That Accept Paysafecard
Paysafecard is enormously popular with good reason. The payment method is accessible in most NZ gambling clubs, meaning users do not have to go through too much trouble to find an ideal website. Its accessibility in physical stores and as an online service is a big plus. Another win for the cashier channel is the availability of solutions beyond the 16-code vouchers, including My Paysafecard, Paysafecard Mastercard, and Paysafecard Direct. The attached transaction fees are hardly pricey compared to other popular payment methods like Neteller. On the downside, players have to seek another channel to cash out since Paysafecard does not support withdrawals. The payment service covers over 40 countries, allowing access to a vast range of international gambling destinations.
💳 Paysafecard Review
Paysafecard is an online money transfer channel used to pay for web services like casinos, telecommunication, social media, music, etc. Paysafecard launched in Vienna, Austria, in 2000 and absorbed its biggest competitor Wallie in 2011. In 2013, it was purchased by the British online wallet provider Skrill and was later acquired by Optimal Payment Group in 2015 as part of the Skrill Group. The global online payment provider subsequently rebranded to Paysafe Group and is currently regulated in the United Kingdom. While Paysafe offers different products and services, Paysafecard continues to be a subsidiary brand in its own right, alongside its sister companies Neteller and Skrill.
Over the past two decades, Paysafecard has diversified its services outside the United Kingdom and is issued in 40+ countries globally. The cashier channel covers North America, New Zealand, Australia, most of Europe, and some countries in South America and Western Asia. The scope of merchants accepting Paysafecard varies from country to country for several reasons. In New Zealand, its most widespread use is online gambling and can be found in most online casinos.
👍 How Paysafecard Works
Paysafecard is a digital payment method based on 16-digit code vouchers. These PIN codes function independently of a credit/debit card, bank account, or other personal information. The vouchers are available to purchase in over 650,000 outlets worldwide, including local New Zealand stores. Payments are made online by entering the code in the respective casino’s checkout. Once the vouchers are used, they are considered obsolete and cannot be entered again.
The 16-digit code system is Paysafecard’s core product, and it ensures financial privacy since it requires no personal info or bank details to function. Over the years, this digital wallet has created other solutions, including;
- My Paysafecard – purchased PINs are included in your Paysafecard payments and managed in an organized account. After registration, access only requires a username and password.
- Paysafecard Mastercard – This option makes it possible to pay anywhere Mastercard is accepted. Unlike regular credit/debit cards, Paysafecard Mastercard takes advantage of a prepaid card system not connected to a bank account.
- Paysafecard Direct – Any registered customers with an online Paysafecard account can easily load credit into their accounts using barcodes rather than 16-digit PINs.
- Paysafe:cash – A generated QR/barcode loads into your online wallet, is sent to your smartphone or printed out, and then scanned at a payment point to complete the transaction.
🪙 Depositing with Paysafecard
Paysafecard deposits are relatively easy and go down the same way in almost all casinos that support it. When depositing, you are required to;
- Sign up or log into a Paysafecard casino
- Go to the cashier section and choose deposits
- Select Paysafecard as your preferred deposit channel
- Enter the provided 16-digit code in the redirect Paysafecard page that appears – purchase this code in a physical sales outlet near you
- Alternatively, log into your Paysafecard account and generate a QR/barcode and scan it
- Confirm the transaction
When paying using PIN vouchers, transferred funds can only be as high as €50. However, the online version allows for deposits as high as €1,000. The gambling den often determines the minimum deposit, and it typically ranges between €10 and €20.
As effective as Paysafecard is as a deposit method, it cannot be used for withdrawals. Therefore, casinos require users to select an alternative banking channel to cash out rewards.
💲 Transaction Speeds with Paysafecard
Everything is instant with Paysafecard, which is significant for its effectiveness. The funds used to purchase the 16-digit PINs and QR/bar codes are processed instantly. Also, when depositing into casinos, the funds reflect in player accounts immediately. Withdrawal speeds do not count since Paysafecard does not support cashouts.
Depositing into online casinos with Paysafecard is usually free, but some merchants apply fees on their own, which the digital wallet has no say over. However, small charges do apply elsewhere as follows:
|Account maintenance fee: incurred after a year of Paysafecard use||$2|
|Currency conversion||2% to 5% depending on the currencies being exchanged|
✔️ Upsides of Paysafecard
As a Paysafecard user, you stand to benefit in numerous ways beyond casino deposits, including;
- Transaction of multiple currencies, including EUR, NZD, USD, and AUD
- Availability of different Paysafecard services, including online and physical options
- Intricate security systems that are impossible to cause financial vulnerability and give alerts at the slightest breaches
- Only provides services to casinos with proper certification and have secure systems that match its level of safety
- The first year of Paysafecard use is free
- The app design is user friendly, with logical and unobstructive paths
- Access several languages, including English, Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian, and Polish
- The freedom to transfer the entire account balance elsewhere, no questions asked
❌ Downsides of Paysafecard
Paysafecard may be an ideal deposit option, but it does not lack its disadvantages, and some of them are;
- Paysafecard prepaid codes limit each payment to a maximum of €50
- Users must pay a monthly maintenance fee of $2 after one year of use
- Withdrawals are not supported
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Paysafecard safe?
Can I use Paysafecard for withdrawals?
No, you cannot. Paysafecard can only be used to deposit funds into online casinos but cannot cash out the collected winnings. All casinos that support the payment method request players to choose an alternative withdrawal method if Paysafecard is used for deposits.
How can I use Paysafecard?
You can use Paysafecard Prepaid codes purchasable in over 650,000 stores across the globe, including in New Zealand. The 16-digit codes are given as physical cards to deposit up to €50. Alternatively, you can use the Paysafecard account, an online payment platform that completes transactions with a username and password instead of codes. This version is available in browser and app versions, and they offer the benefit of limits higher than €50.
What fees am I expected to pay when using Paysafecard?
While account registration is free, Paysafecard incurs a monthly maintenance fee of $2 that starts being charged after one year of using the personal online account. If you send money to a merchant and request a refund, a fixed fee of $7.50 is expected. Currency conversion rates vary depending on the currency being changed and range between 2% and 5% of the transferred amount. On the upside, casino deposits are free.
What is great about Paysafecard?
On top of top-notch security and easy online accessibility, the practicality of the prepaid card system ensures that you never deposit more into a casino than initially planned. With the online and app version, you can keep an overview of finances to track your spendings to ensure responsible gambling.
How long does it take for Paysafecard transactions to be processed?
Topping up your Paysafecard account takes seconds, and the funds reflect immediately. The same case applies to sales outlets. Merchants outside the gambling scene that accept Paysafecard often have a QR code for the ‘scan2pay’ function that transfers funds immediately
Final remarks on Paysafecard
Paysafecard lacks withdrawal services when gambling online, but it proves itself as a reliable cashier channel in almost all other aspects. The payment method is accepted in nearly all reputable online casinos, so you do not have to look too far for one you like. Any issues that arise with Paysafecard services can be taken up with their friendly and responsive client care team available through phone, live chat, and email 24/7. You can also chat with Paysafecard’s virtual assistant Lara. Before reaching out to an agent, sift through the FAQ section covering common queries with detailed answers.